Interests

Until recently I did not have family ties of any kind and that circumstance allowed me to travel and live in different countries, learning about different people, their cultures and their work practices. However, after I got married in 2012 my priorities and requirements have changed, and at the present time my goal is to settle down and integrate in a working environment where I can apply my skills and experience on a long-term basis.

I have lived and/or worked in Spain, UK, USA, Canada, Australia, Japan, China, Taiwan, Singapore, Thailand, Philippines, Indonesia and in several Pacific Islands. I have also visited many other countries around the world, but just during business trips or as a tourist.

Both my working and personal life remain closely tied to the Internet. Besides my regular work as a Web Designer & Developer, I employ my free time to create and maintain a number of online communities, mostly dealing with cultural and environmental issues.

Wikipedia

Long time contributor to this outstanding project, my interests cover history, science, exploration, literature, plus many additions to technical articles. You can view some of the pages I created and my contributions at my Wikipedia user profile (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:RafaelMinuesa)

Rotary Club

I am a member of the Rotary Club to which I donate my technical skills towards initiatives related to raising awareness on the Internet about the Club's projects and goals.

Currently creating a directory website for the 800+ Clubs of the Rotary Club of the Philippines, a local chapter of Rotary International.

Community Builder

  • Grupo Gavilan (grupogavilan.blogspot.com)
    Blog dedicated to the biggest Natural Reserve in the Costa del Sol, Southern Spain, run by a group of people committed to the protection of this unique environment.
  • Kiribati (groups.google.com/group/kiribati)
    News Group composed by residents and members of the Government of Kiribati, dealing with the effects of global warming on Kiribati and several other Pacific Islands.
  • Relaciones sin Fronteras (groups.google.com/group/relacionessinfronteras)
    A Google community with over 600 members from every Spanish-speaking country in the world.
  • Semanario de Filipinas (semanario-filipinas.blogspot.com)
    Weekly on-line news for the Spanish-speaking community in the Philippines

Audio and Video

Starting in the 1980s I've been involved in diverse Audio & Video productions, working for several national and international TV stations, Advertising agencies and Film companies.
I've worked as a secondary actor, dubbing actor, cameraman, offline editor, producer and director of short films and documentaries.
Extensive knowledge of computer-based video equipment and multimedia software such as Flash, Adobe Premiere, Macromedia Director, ProTools, Scala, PowerPoint, ULead Media Studio, etc.


Sailing

Sailing is one of my biggest passions.

Since I was a kid I have been on board of sailing boats either on leisure trips or by participating in sailing races off the Spanish coast.
During the 1980's I was part of the crew on several sailboats, crossing the South Pacific (Hawaii, Kiribati, Samoa, Fiji, Tonga, etc.) and parts of South East Asia and Australia.
In 1994 I completely restored and customized an Etap sailboat, with which I sailed the Mediterranean for over 3 years.